Monday, December 7, 2009
Tis the season......How I love this time of year. I love it in a different way now that I am all grown up and a Grandma. When I was a little girl, there were "visions of sugar plums dancing in my head." These days I simply long to see with His eyes the things He longs to impart to my spirit.
I think, since He tells me to "give thanks in all circumstances...", the lenses He wants to use to give me that vision are those comprised of gratitude. And so the list continues:
I am thankful for:
- grown children who take the time to visit their elderly grandparents; the joy it brings is immeasurable
- the smell of apple pies baking in the oven
- a day to spend with family and friends - a day of abundant provision and gratitude
- pretty pansies brightening the front porch
- a beautiful bouquet from my husband "just because"
- crisp, cold air and a brief moment of snow flakes
- the pleasure of friends - those in my "real life" and those whose necks I have never hugged but who are every bit as dear
- the joy in the anticipation of His birthday
- decorating the house for His birthday
- Christmas music - some of the lyrics just give me goose bumps and eyes that water*
- The Gift - who am I that He should send His beloved Son to die that I might live? Simply thanks seem so inadequate. I must give Him my heart.
Please visit the Gratitude Community at Ann's. It will lift your spirits and fill you with joy.
Blessing and wishes for a joyous Advent Season,
picture: the little tatted ornaments I made a few years ago gracing our Christmas tree
* This is one of the songs our choir is singing this weekend for our Christmas program. Breath-taking!