Monday, March 15, 2010
"LET EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES SING PRAISES TO THE LORD!"
Spring comes, a promise fulfilled, and all of nature sings praise. We have only to step outside and with open heart see the gifts the Father has given us.
I am deeply grateful for:
- a dear little front porch - a place to sit and soak up the beauty of the day, to remember other days when childrens toys and pets feeding dishes filled the empty space
- a place to sit and stitch, the silence broken only by the perfect songs of little birds
- an unexpected visit from a little friend
- a beautiful gift from my husband, just because...
- this lovely piece of land that has been home for 28 years
- little wild flowers dancing in the wind
- these ancient oaks, standing sentinel in the front yard; once again they shed their leaves with the promise of new life not far behind. These trees were here long before I ever drew breath. They have put down deep roots in my heart - symbols of so much God has taught me.
- answered prayer; loved ones safely home from far away places
- birthdays for little granddaughters
- heart-to-heart talks
- a visit with a forever friend
- the evident hand of God on the lives of our grown children
- a church that stand firmly on the Word of God
- His grace in the difficult moments
- certain hope
Please visit Ann's quiet little corner to be part of the Gratitude Community - or just to read and be blessed.