Monday, September 21, 2009
Joy Challenge - Day 23 - Thanksgiving with Joy
"Joy begins to flow when you stop focusing on the glass half empty but instead on the glass half full by giving thanks to God.
Your urgent duty is to respond in gratitude to all that God has done and is doing for you. To be grateful is to recognize God's hand on everything that touches your life. Every breath you draw is a gift of His love; every moment of existence is a gift of grace, for it brings with it other immense graces from God."
from my Bible Study "Lord, Change My Attitude" by James MacDonald
I am thankful for:
- the joy of worship
- the gift of laughter
- friends who come before the Lord on our behalf
- the way all of creation seemed to explode into glorious bloom after the rains - even though the season is nearly over:
flowers in the little garden by the garage that are more abundant and vibrant than I've ever seen them before
beautiful butterflies making a sudden appearance - the back ones with sapphire blue decorating their wings are especially beautiful
vivid green everywhere we look - where once it had been brown and dry
small ponds filled once again
- a church service that took everyone's breath away
- little granddaughter proudly riding her bike - all by herself!
- abundant supply - always - God is absolutely faithful.
If you would like to be part of the Gratitude Community, please visit Ann's blog and join us. There is something that happens to your spirit when you begin to give Him thanks.