"But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve Him. Think of all the wonderful things He has done for you."
I Samuel 12: 24
There are so many wonderful things He has done for me. My life overflows with His blessings - some so great I can scarce take them in.
Today my heart is focused on the simple things with which He surrounds me - little gifts I can so easily overlook in the busyness of life:
- time to sit and stitch; to make something to warm our home
-flowers from my own little antique rose bush; it has so many little roses this year I felt it would be all right to cut a few and bring them inside to brighten the bookcase.
-a sweet little white pitcher (I just love little pitchers!)
- a place to sit outside, listening to the birds sing and the wind whisper through the trees, and to have an occasional visitor.
- windows wide open, fresh breezes and billowing curtains
- morning walks
- a bowl of chocolate nut ice cream
- talking to a little granddaughter on the phone
- browsing through the book store
- playing the piano
- listening to good music
- the smell of laundry fresh from the dryer
- an old movie
- wild flowers
- a beautiful full moon pouring light through the bedroom windows
- the fresh green color of new leaves
- rainy days
- a bubble bath
- sweetly scented soap
- a new candle
Please visit Ann to be part of the Gratitude Community.