Monday, November 2, 2009
Today I am joining Ann and so many others in giving thanks.
I am thankful for:
- picture-perfect days
- hundreds of little butterflies looping their way among the flowers and keeping me company as I walk
- chilly nights and the warm comfort of a hand-made quilt
- the smell of freshly baked apple pie
- a phone call from a friend, reaching across twenty-seven years to reconnect
- hearing a friend, paralyzed in an accident from the neck down, say, "God is good - always."
- Dad home from the rehab center
- sitting on the front porch, reading a good book and just "being"
- studying the word with dear friends
- the smell of freshly cut grass
- the colors of fall
- the smell of a wood fire
- the encouragement of friends
"That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and declare all Thy wonders."